Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Teacup Easel Card


                                                                                                                          



Today is my daughter-in-law's birthday so I had to make her a cute little card in her favorite color. I used Teacup Easel Cards with Pockets, and for the tag, Party Owls, both from My Scrap Chick.

Teacup Easel Cards with Pockets: click to enlarge


Party Owls: click to enlarge


MATERIALS

Happy Birthday 2 U sentiment from Bird's Cards
Fresh Linen Papers, Stickers & Die-cuts pack by COLORBOK
Sturdy purple, lavender and a bit of white cardstock to coordinate with prints 
Aqua pearls by Jots
Lavender paper flower
Aqua tulle scrap 
Glue Dots, Pop Dots, adhesive

I slightly enlarged the card to 5 inches so I could put a gift card into the pocket. The tag is 2 1/4 inches tall and the sentiment is 1 7/8 inches across. The card base, cup base, large scalloped circle, tag base, pom, pom and sentiment were cut from purple. The top layer of the tag, small circle and sentiment shadow were cut from lavender. The large circle behind the sentiment and the party hat were cut from the striped print: the top layer of the teacup was cut from the purple flower print. (I cut two of these to make it more stable.)

 I inked all the pieces with purple before assembling the card. Make sure you glue the top layer of the teacup only on the two sides and the bottom so you leave an opening at the top for your gift card, teabag or whatever.

I added pearls around the lavender circle by the sentiment, and added a slightly curved line of pearls at the top of the cup.  I made  a 2 1/2 inch bow from the tulle, then added it and the lavender flower, with glue dots, one inch in from the top right corner of the cup. The tag was tucked in under the bow and attached with glue at the top, and pop dots at the bottom. 



I hope my Daughter -in-Law likes her card. 




Thanks for stopping by!

Shirley

2 comments:

  1. Love all the extra little touches that make this special, especially your tulle bow. Your daughter-in-law will love it.

    ReplyDelete