Monday, August 7, 2017

Bugs Memory Dex Cards




Have you caught the Memory Dex Card fever yet? I think I have been stung by the bug! Val, at My Scrap Chick, recently had a set of Memory Dex cards as a freebie, so I just had to try decorating some. I used the following files on my cards, as well as "Flower Combo" and "Leaf Designs."



Rolo-Memory Dex Dividers: click to enlarge





Bugs Digi Stamps: click to enlarge



Dragonfly                          Butterfly Bug                                  Bee-e

Dragonfly: click to enlarge       Butterfly Bug: click to enlarge   Bee-e: click to enlarge


Making Memory Dex cards is a great way to use up some of your paper scraps and left over embellishments. My cards are made completely from scraps and left overs. I made and colored a digi bug to go along with each paper pieced bug. I colored the digi stamps with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers using the following color palette. I also added some clear glitter marker to the bugs.

Blues: IB1, 3, AB 2
Pinks: BP1,2
Yellows: CT1, 4, GB 3
Black/Gray: IG2, 6, 10
Greens: LG2, 4

The digi images were glued onto the tab on each card and the paper piecings were attached with foam tape to give them dimension. The wings were bent up to make them look more realistic.


Here are close-ups of each card.





I loved making these Memory Dex Cards! I see lots more of these cards in my future! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you. 

Have a happy, crafty day! 

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment