Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Strawberry Basket




It's strawberry season, and who doesn't love red, ripe strawberries? You can share your love of strawberries by making a cute basket filled with life sized strawberry boxes that you can fill with strawberry flavored candy.

I used Fence Box for the basket and Fresh Strawberry Box for the strawberries.

Fence Box: click to enlarge                                      Fresh Strawberry Box: click to enlarge

I also used Fairy Bears Garden for the strawberry houses on the tag.

                                  Fairy Bears Garden: click to enlarge 

Materials

Fence Box, Fresh Strawberry Box  and Fairy Bears Garden files from My Scrap Chick
"Hello Love" stack from Crate Paper (strawberries)
"Samantha Rose" from DCWV ( basket)
Cardstock by Coredinations
1 3/8 wide fruit themed ribbon by Offray
tape runner, foam tape and large glue dots
raffia

The basket was made 4 inches square from a  wood print. The horizontal slats were attached with foam tape to add dimension. The label on the front is 2 3/4 inches in diameter. The strawberry houses are approximately 1 1/2 by 1 3/8 inches. The label is attached with foam tape. I made two, four inch bows and attached them with large glue dots at the base of the handle on each side. I used raffia for straw in the basket.



The strawberries were sized way down so the bottom part was about 1 3/4 inches. The whole strawberry is about 2 inches, not counting the stem. Follow the tutorial, and have patience and take your time. These little boxes are a little tricky to make. I used a combination of tape runner and glue, and paper clips to hold them together while they dried. I made seven little strawberry boxes.


It took a little bit of work, but I'm really pleased how they turned out.


I'd love to hear how you like my strawberry basket. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. 

Have a "berry" nice day! 

~Shirley

2 comments:

  1. I love your strawberries! One of the best parts of summer. It's so impressive that you made all those strawberries so small and they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love strawberries. I'm pretty proud of myself that I managed to make all those little strawberries! LOL

    ReplyDelete