Friday, May 12, 2017

Patriotic Birdhouse Trio


Hi! With Memorial Day coming, followed by Flag Day and the Fourth of July, I decided to make something I could keep out for all these holidays.


For my patriotic birdhouse condo I used two files from My Scrap Chick, Birdhouse Trio and the 5 inch version of Prim Pillar for the base. I also used the fence from "Carrot Patch Box."

Materials

 Birdhouse Trio &  Prim Pillar from My Scrap Chick
white tagboard
Patriotic prints from "Americana" from Colorbok 
Distressed White Cardstock and tin ceiling print from Basic Grey
Weathered Blue cardstock from EK Success
Other papers from my stash.
Self adhesive mounting board (as used for needlework framing)
1/2 inch patriotic ribbon
inks in coordinating colors
Glue and tape runner

I used tagboard for the base layers of the birdhouses and stand to give them more stability. For the birdhouses I sized the side pieces to fit as closely as possible and duplicated them so there was a front and back and two side pieces. I traced and cut out by hand the opening in the front piece. I inked all the pieces and the corners of the base to help with the rustic feel of the birdhouses. The birdhouses are 9, 6 and five inches tall. I pushed the roof pieces of the two smaller birdhouses forward so the roof is flush with the back of the birdhouses so they will fit flush against the larger birdhouse when you put the condo together. 


I mounted the three birdhouses as shown onto a 7 by 7 1/4 inch piece of self adhesive mounting board. I added a 2 inch by 7 1/4 inch piece of fence around the open area and added ribbon around the bottom.




The base was also made from tagboard and the side panels, top and bottom were made from the distressed white cardstock. These pieces were inked with brown and a little black. Lots of glue and tape runner hold it all together.

I love my new birdhouse condo and hope you love it too. I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment. 

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous. I think I'll have to make one for some summertime decor.

    ReplyDelete