Saturday, May 6, 2017

NO SPRING CHICKEN EASEL CARD



My sister is celebrating a milestone birthday that she is not too thrilled about, so I decided to make her a cute little card to mark the day.


I used two files from My Scrap Chick for my card.


Blooming Layers Easel Card: click to enlarge


Shirley, Goodness, Mercy Digis


I cut the four layers of the flower from a thin cardstock, and another set from heavier cardstock, and layered the corresponding pieces on top of each other to give the flower stability. I used foam tape between the layers to give the flower dimension.





I added a sentiment made in Design Space using a system font.


I added a blue dotted circle to the center of the flower and some grass borders to the bottom of the frame.


The chick was colored with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.

COLOR PALETTE

Hen: TN 1, 2, blender
Beak, Feet: BO 1, 3
Flower: MG 1,2, CT 2, 4, LG 2, 5
Hat: GB 1, 4, 6, green florescent gel pen
Hat Band: CG 3, LG 3
Dress: MG 1, 2, 3, pink florescent gel pen
Apron: TB 1, blender

I love how this card came out! The Blooming Layers Easel Card is the perfect frame for the cute mother hen. 

Have a great crafty day! If you liked my card, please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! ~ Shirley


5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card. I love your idea of combining the two files.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your cheerful sweet card and especially the "Shirley" chick. The greeting is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. I can't wait to make a few of my own. My sisters and friends are all at that age that his card would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete