Monday, October 10, 2016

Thanksgiving Pilgrims Double Display Card


Hi! Today I am sharing my Hostess Monday project for Digital Delights by Louby Loo.


For my project I made a double display card. I got the idea for my card here: www.obsessedwithscrapbooking.com


I used "Thanksgiving Pilgrims Set" and "Fall Accessories Set" for my card. I printed and cut my images out at 3 to 3 1/2 inches using design space and my cricut explore. The images were colored with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers. Small flower punch accents were added throughout.


I made the card base from a 6 by 12 inch piece of cardstock. The cardstock was creased at 2 inches, 4 inches, 8 inches and 10 inches. Cut lines were made one inch down from the top and one inch up from the bottom. They are 4 inches long from the 1 inch mark to the 5 inch mark and from the 7 inch mark to the 11 inch mark. These strips were then creased at the beginning and the end. (at 1 inch, 5 inches, 7 inches and 11 inches)


Two 6 by 2 1/2 inch panels are attached to the front of the closed card to create the display area. The band to keep the card closed is made from a 1 1/2 by 12 inch strip of paper mounted on a 1 3/4 by 12 inch strip of cardstock. This was loosely wrapped around the card and glued together in the back. A 4 inch fence and a 2 inch sentiment were attached to this band. Small flower punch accents were added.




SN Color Palette

Pilgrims: Skin: FS1,4, TN2, PP1
                Hair: TN1,2, EB2, GB9
                Clothes: IG1,4,6
                Hat/Apron: IG1, Blender
House: Window/Chimney: IG1,4,6, blender
             Roof/frames: GB1,4,7
             Logs: TN3,5
Fence: TN3,5,9
            Flowers: CT2,4, EB1,6, YG 1,2
            Clouds: BT 1,2       

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment