Thursday, May 26, 2016

Never Forgotten

Since Memorial Day is this Monday,  I decided to make a card honoring all those who served and made the ultimate sacrifice. I made a cute little card to share with you using "Loving Memory Bears" from KaDoodleBug Designs. This file is a retiring Trina Clark file so you can get it for 90% off right now. There are a lot of adorable files that are being retired, so be sure to check them out. You can find this file here:  javascript:popupWindow('http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=89')


Open


Closed


The card base is a pattern I found at Obsessed With Scrapbooking, here: http://www.obsessedwithscrapbooking.com/2016/04/videomake-fast-cricut-large-double.html

The patriotic papers I used are from "Americana" by COLORBOK.

The closed card measures 6 by 5 inches. I used a 1 1/4 by 12 inch strip of red paper for a closure. I glued the ends together in the front and glued the sentiment over the overlap. This band will slide off to open the card.


The sitting bear is 3 inches tall.


The cross is 3 1/4 inches tall.


The standing bear is 3 1/2 inches tall.

I used a combination of regular cardstock, glossy cardstock and glitter cardstock for my card.The paper piecings were attached with foam tape to give dimension to the card. I added small yellow gems to all the flowers. I punched out six small stars from red glossy cardstock to add to the small blue mats.

I hope you enjoyed my little Memorial Day project. Thanks for stopping by. ~ Shirley






No comments:

Post a Comment