Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?






This has been an unusual winter here in the U.P. of Michigan. Here it is a week before Christmas and we have no snow! I'm sure we will eventually be blasted with the white stuff, and then it will be snowman making time! I love these Whimsical Inklings files available from KaDoodle Bug Designs. For my layout I used:

Snow Reindeer
Reindeer Building Snowman
Winter Reindeer Peeker
Snow Friends





All the printed papers are from Cricut Imagine cartridges. Yes, I have an Imagine machine that still works! The paper piecings range in size from 4 1/4 to 5 inches. The top border is from Christmas Borders by Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. I made my title with my explore using Pooh Font. I added some extra snowflakes and touches of glitter glue to the white areas.



 The mats were made by placing two 4 1/2 inch squares on a 12 by 12 area of my explore mat, spaced as I would want them on my layout. I added three one inch snowflakes so they slightly overlap each other and the squares. I then welded them together and duplicated them for the second page. I added a blue snowflake print mat onto a slightly larger dark aqua mat. I added a one inch wavy border mounted on dark pink cardstock and trimmed with a wavy decorative scissor, to each mat. Then I added some 1/2 inch sheer blue ribbon to each mat, and added a snowflake to the center.



Thanks for stopping by and Merry Christmas! ~ Shirley


No comments:

Post a Comment